A leading security services company is currently recruiting for a Government Affairs Manager.
A leading security services company is currently recruiting for a Government Affairs Manager on a 10-month fixed-term contract. This is an exciting opportunity which will have autonomy and a lot of exposure to senior stakeholders within the industry.
This high-profile organisation plays a big role in security services around the UK and abroad. As Interim Government Affairs Manager, you will be expected to manage the government relations for the entire UK organisation.
- Manage government affairs for the organisation in a “business as usual” style
- Assist in raising the profile of the organisation with senior stakeholders and politicians
- Attend select committees and coordinate communications
- Provide advice and support to business unit leaders on engagement with political contacts on key issues
- Manage political events and visits to facilities across the UK by MPs and other political stakeholders
Key skills and experience required
- Strong understanding and experience of working in Westminster and Whitehall
- Experience of engaging with political audiences in both a proactive and reactive manner
- Previous experience of working in Whitehall or agency would be highly advantageous
- Evidence of building relationships with key stakeholders, government ministries and external organisations to build, improve and maintain the company's reputation
- Credibility and confidence to be an external face, with an ability to engage appropriately with key audiences
This is an exciting role which provides an excellent opportunity to utilise and develop your first-rate public affairs expertise at a busy time for the organisation. This is a 10-month FTC contract position starting at the end of September and based in central London.
If you are interested, please submit your CV via the ‘apply’ button below, quoting the reference EF-1908-6842.