Interim opportunity to lead Corporate Affairs for a high-profile London body
Our client is a prestigious institution and one of the leading advocates for the financial and professional services sector in the UK. The Interim Head of Corporate Affairs will take a leading role in the development and implementation of the corporate affairs strategy, working collaboratively with other departments to deliver engagement with national policy makers and London government. You will provide high level strategic political advice to colleagues to inform and enhance their work.
- To develop and help manage the corporate affairs work of the organisation, furthering corporate objectives relating to public policy by working with other teams and colleagues
- Provide in-depth expertise, information, support and guidance on political and policy issues relevant to the organization to gain support and influence and inform public policy
- Develop and implement a political engagement strategy for the leaders of the organisation
- Lead and manage all members of the Corporate Affairs team, and work with the Communications Director and management team to develop strategy and work plans for the team and ensure delivery of the agreed objectives
- Represent the organisation at a senior level on relevant external groups, events, meetings and seminars with national and London policy makers, businesses and think tanks, and ensure as far as possible that the organisation’s views and objectives are able to influence the thinking of such groups and other enterprises.
Key skills and experience required
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the UK’s political and policy making environment
- Proven record of understanding policy issues in relevant priority areas including: the UK-based financial and professional services industry and the work of London government, education, skills, economic crime, culture and open spaces
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex policy issues clearly and succinctly to a variety of stakeholders
- A track record of pro-active line management, objective setting, performance management and developing the skills of colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop excellent stakeholder relationships.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract, to provide maternity cover starting in May 2020.