Interim Planning and Content Lead to work in a busy and high-profile trade association
Our client is a leading membership body in the transport sector and this is a 12-month contract during a period of transition, to start immediately. The Planning and Content Lead will provide proactive support to the organisation in achieving its priorities through developing and delivering high quality, integrated communication strategies and digital content.
- Set clear direction for the team and deliver high standards in on and offline strategy and delivery, and content creation to increase audience and influence and help the industry achieve its public policy objectives
- Manage 3 direct reports and guide the team to be proactive, opportunistic and creative, including upskilling staff in digital tools/techniques, content creation and campaign delivery
- Have an attuned political radar and ability to grasp complex policy and translate it in to a compelling external narrative, engaging with colleagues in policy teams to ensure that communications strategies and executions are aligned to policy positions
- Act as a member of the communications leadership group, working closely with colleagues in the media relations function to play an active role in the identifying proactive opportunities to deliver great coverage
Key skills and experience required
- A strong background in developing strategic communications plans, including digital strategy; either in the trade association space or transport sector
- Experience of communications planning and or using a communications grid
- Strong influencing skills
- A proven news sense and excellent understanding of what makes a story land and a digital campaign work, with broad knowledge of engagement trends and digital techniques
- Proven experience planning and executing successful cross-functional communication campaigns, with experience and understanding of working in politicised environments or public policy campaigns preferable
- A good understanding of using evaluation to measure the success of communications outputs
Please note that the post-holder would be supported by a digital agency, who they would manage.
If you would like to be this organisation’s new Planning and Content Lead, please apply ASAP!