A University is looking for a Policy and Programme Manager on a 6-month contract.
The role will be sit within their Public Affairs team, to deliver a new programme of work to raise the profile and understanding of our world-class academic research with policy-makers. The role will be paying between £45,000 - £55,000, or a daily rate of £170 - £250.
- Build, maintain and manage a programme that provides policy expertise to the university’s researchers, and connects them with key policymakers
- Develop and maintain strong networks with policymakers in Whitehall, related agencies and other organisations with influence on policy
- Organise events, visits and communications to ensure consistent engagement between policymakers and the university
- Build and strengthen stakeholder relationships by attending and participating in policy events
- Develop and deliver training and support programmes and events for academic staff
Key Skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong understanding of policy research and working of government
- A good network of policy contacts (within and outside government)
- Excellent writing skills, including editing and producing accurate policy papers to tight deadlines
- Experience of successful delivery of complex programmes
If you would like to apply to this Policy and Programme Manager role, please send your CV with brief cover note quoting the reference no. EF-1811-6286.