Immediate opportunity to join a future-focused organisation based in London
An organisation which drives innovation in urban planning and infrastructure needs interim support for a key role within its Communications Team. The Interim PR and Social Media Manager will lead day-to-day activity across all communications channels and audiences, with the emphasis on developing the organisation’s social media presence and effectiveness.
- Devise and implement communications plans and strategies for developing and disseminating content across traditional and social digital channels, including third party platforms
- Proactively work to secure media coverage through the dissemination of positive news and by actively tracking, and capitalising on, the news agenda
- Lead on all social media, across all platforms, crafting dynamic and engaging content that achieves essential cut through above the noise
- Define, curate and lead a social media content plan across all social channels designed to engage key stakeholders and create an interactive relationship between media, businesses and the organisation
- Act as the central point of contact for internal communications and manage the channels on behalf of the leadership team.
Key skills and experience required
- Degree-level qualification in communications, public relations or related field, or substantial equivalent experience.
- Excellent ability to write in English, translating complex material into easy to read promotional copy
- Essential and proven previous experience managing social media as part of an integrated marketing approach
- Demonstrable experience in editing websites, including working with a content management system, e.g. Wordpress and master website analytics
- A keen news sense and strong knowledge of the UK media landscape across all its platforms.
This is a three-month contract initially, paying a pro rata salary of up to £47,000 or equivalent day rate. Please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.