The British Dental Association is looking to expand their team
We are the voice of dentists and dental students in the UK. We support our members every step of their professional lives.
As the trade union and professional body, we represent all fields of dentistry including general practice, community dental services, the armed forces, hospitals, academia, public health and research.
Our client, The British Dental Association is looking to recruit an interim Public Affairs Adviser to join their team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. The BDA is the leading voice for dentists and dental students in the United Kingdom providing support to and promoting the interests of their members.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications and External Affairs, the role of the Public Affairs Adviser will lead on the BDA’s engagement with parliamentary and stakeholder engagement. You will work closely with the APPG for Dentistry and Oral Health playing a leading role in organising its programme of activity. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the national policy around dentistry.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relations through setting up meetings, conducting research and preparing briefings
- Deliver the organisations parliamentary programme providing valuable insights into current and political affairs
- Monitor Political intelligence across England and the devolved nations and asses its impact on the health and dental sector
- Develop advocacy strategies for the organisation’s key issues.
Key skills and experience required
- A strong understanding of the parliamentary procedure and political processes
- An understanding of All-Party Parliamentary Groups
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of the healthcare sector is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
If you would like to apply for the position of interim Public Affairs Adviser, please apply as soon as possible by quoting the reference number LH-1908-6810.