A dynamic, issues-rich organisation in the transport sector seeks a public affairs expert
Our client is a leading organisation in the travel and transport sector. In this role you will provide essential public affairs advice and insight to senior-level colleagues and lead on stakeholder engagement across a wide range of political and industry stakeholders.
- Owning and developing the organisation’s relationships with political stakeholders, including in Government and Westminster
- Overseeing communications strategies around complex policy issues
- Working closely with the Chair and Chief Executive on their communications priorities, including events, speeches and political outreach
- Providing strategic counsel to ExCo and the Communications Director on relevant issues
- Preventing and managing emerging issues to protect the reputation of the organisation
- Working with teams across the organisation to develop communications strategies in complex stakeholder landscapes.
Key skills and experience required
- Significant experience working in stakeholder-facing roles at a senior level within large public or private sector organisations with multi-faceted stakeholder relationships
- Wide experience engaging and securing buy-in from senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Experienced communicator with a practiced knowledge of developing audience analyses, communications channels and engagement tactics across a complex landscape with multiple interfaces at various levels of seniority and types of relationship
- Capable of working autonomously to a large degree – ability to take on problems, develop and enact solutions, understanding when senior oversight is required, but able to operate independently in general
- Experience of the transport sector desirable.
This is a 12-month, fixed-term contract to start by the beginning of February 2022 at the latest. Please apply below or contact email@example.com for more information.