High profile retailer seeks interim Public Affairs professional
One of the best-known names on the British high street is looking for an interim Public Affairs Manager to join its busy Corporate Affairs team. The purpose of the role is to ensure political stakeholders understand the organisation’s strategy, its relevance to them and the things they care about. The role will have a particular focus on elected representatives in London and the South East (with travel as required).
- Representing the organisation with political stakeholders to promote and protect reputation; explaining proposals for change and managing concerns
- Acting as the key contact for political stakeholders in London and the South East. Responding to requests for comments from MPs and other political groups (e.g. local councillors)
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders including MPs, Ministers, advisers, special interest groups and think tanks.
- Identifying opportunities to tell the wider corporate and consumer story and planning communications around this
- Working with public affairs colleagues and the wider Corporate Affairs and Communications team to ensure a consistent and strategic approach.
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience of political lobbying and of engaging at a senior level, from an in-house communications or Government background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate business strategy into clear, compelling external messages
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to act as a confident and persuasive spokesperson
- Experience of integrating public affairs within broader communications strategies
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
This is a 12-month contract to start by 1st November 2019 at the latest. Please apply below or email Rachel Smith for more information: email@example.com