Interim Social Media Manager required for a FTSE 250 technology business
Our client, a FTSE 250 technology business, is looking for an Interim Social Media Manager to join their growing Corporate Affairs team. The post-holder will define a digital strategy for corporate affairs, including analysis of resources needed to deliver on the strategy, and will establish the resources and support needed to transform the way the organisation communicates with its stakeholders in digital channels. This is an interim role for initially 3 months, to start immediately.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Communications, the post-holder will develop company-wide policy and governance for use of social media including its use by individual employees, units, Divisions and other functions such as Marketing and Growth. You will be responsible for setting the social media strategy and then assisting with the hire of a permanent person who will be responsible for running it operationally.
- Define and implement a digital strategy for corporate affairs
- Perform analysis of resources needed to deliver on the strategy
- Establish the resources and support needed to transform the way the organisation communicates with its stakeholders through digital channels
- Monitor the need for, and ensure delivery of, reputation-related rapid response in Social Media channels
- Provide advice and oversight on the content for Division level social media
- Set up a community of interest on social media for appropriate corporate affairs colleagues
- Reviewing content and management of the main corporate Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram feeds and internal digital channels, including Connections and Yammer
- Reviewing content for the elements of the organisation’s main .com website for which corporate affairs has responsibility
Key skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of creating and leading digital strategies targeting media, political and stakeholder audiences
- Demonstrable experience of overseeing high-quality digital content and working on integrated multimedia content packages or campaigns, either in journalism, PR, advertising or marketing
- Experience and or solid understanding of internal communications and internal social media channels
- Able to operate within complex matrix environments
- A sound understanding of business issues, technology trends and current affairs
- Experience of working on high profile B2B brand campaigns, either in-house or agency side
If you would like to apply to be this organisation’s new Social Media Manager, please apply.