FTSE listed business seeks Managing Editor to join their content and campaigns team in London
Our client, a leading international organisation in the energy sector, is looking for a Managing Editor to join the team. Reporting into the Group Head of Content, you will lead the team that delivers compelling, newsworthy stories across the organisation's global owned media channels. This role sits at the heart of the wider content team, working to ensure all content published to the organisations digital channels meet the requirements of both internal and external audiences.
An ideal role for a former journalist with a background in online news generation and an ability to navigate complexity. With opportunities to fast track your progression and to lead a high performing team, this will give you the opportunity to have a real impact.
- Work closely with teams across the communications and external affairs function to deliver accurate and engaging content on the organisations global digital channels
- Manage the day-to-day editorial calendar for all digital channels and ensure all key 'newsworthy' moments are covered appropriately
- Work closely with the Head of Editorial Content to establish a more content and audience driven approach to digital publishing
- Be responsible for quality control across the channels so that each channel manager is operating at optimum levels
- Lead, energise and manage the team. Set targets and provide support and coaching as required
Key skills and experience required
- Extensive experience of content creation and digital publishing
- Superb project management skills, experience of dealing with ambiguity and the ability to keep a number of different and sometimes conflicting work streams
- Proven track record of working with a wide variety of stakeholders and delivering successful results
- Exceptional writing skills with an eye for news and an understanding of what makes content compelling
For more information, or to apply for this role, please forward a copy of your CV via the apply button, quoting reference JG-1902-6424