This UK regulator is looking for a creative digital comms expert to join the team
My client is a UK regulator in the travel industry, they are looking for a creative and ambitious Marketing and Communications Manager to join their fast paced and varied Communication team. You will lead on a specific area of the business on their consumer campaigns, raising awareness of this unit. You will have a considerable focus on campaign coordination, digital and social media marketing alongside traditional media relations. You will be supported in this role by the fantastic team around you, but there is also huge opportunity to have genuine ownership of these campaigns.
- Leading the management, execution, including design, of day-to-day digital media activity
- Refreshing the business area’s social media strategy to constantly enhance the impact and reach of the campaign’s social media activity.
- Advising on best practice, creative opportunities and identifying emerging risks.
- Regularly reporting on impact of social and digital media activity as well as traditional media.
- Managing of digital and traditional media planning processes to make sure all activity is coordinated and delivered on-time.
- Leading on digital marketing for the campaign and the brand’s refresh.
- Working alongside the communications directorate press office team handling relevant media enquiries, drafting releases or statements as required.
- Building strong media relations with relevant journalists and travel trade outlets.
- Lead on crisis communication situations involving small and medium sized business unit failures and support large failures as part of a cross-department effort.
Key skills and experience required
- Experience in coordinating and managing impactful B2C campaigns.
- Expert in social media channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Extensive experience of using social media publishing tools.
- Creative approach to developing new content and driving a bigger reach for the campaign.
- Strategic thinker with ability to plan activity based on priorities and peak times of activity.
- Experience of monitoring and tracking delivery and impact of communications activity.
- Strong writing skills and experience of writing engaging blog posts and articles, and news releases.
- Media handling and press release distribution experience.
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced busy communications team or agency environment.
This role will be shortlisted for on the 4th May, please apply with ample time to have the relevant conversations with the recruitment consultant.