The Earls Court Development Company is recruiting for a new Marketing and Communications Manager
Who are The Earls Court Development Company?
The Earls Court Development Company is the new Earls Court-based business, responsible for driving the development. It will deliver and develop the assets within Earls Court Partnership Limited (ECPL), which is a joint venture between Delancey’s clients DV4/APG and Transport for London.
Previously home to the now-demolished Earls Court Exhibition Centres, the Earls Court masterplan site has had a rich and illustrious history, and is London’s largest, most exciting Zone 1 development opportunity. The Earls Court Development Company’s ambition is to seek a new visionary masterplan for the site that stitches Earls Court back into its local area and sets a new global standard for a sustainable, vibrant mixed-use development.
The site straddles two London boroughs; the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea (RBKC) and the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham (LBHF). The Mayor of London has identified the site as an Opportunity Area – a significant location with the potential to accommodate new homes, offices, shops, community and leisure facilities and more.
The Earls Court Development Company will lead the regeneration of this critically important London location, which has the potential to be a world class scheme, showcasing the best in sustainable, community focused and environmentally enhanced design. The Earls Court Development Company is recruiting for a new Marketing and Communications Manager to join a new team, at the early stages of this prolific development. The role is to start March 2021 (or sooner).
As the Marketing and Communications Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic lead for marketing, PR, and place-making programmes for the Earls Court development
- Development of ECDC’s brand strategy and identity and responsibility to ensure ECDC’s values and behaviours are understood and experienced by all stakeholders.
- Lead on hoardings – creative design with agency, as well as site surveys, working around meanwhile use etc.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy, plans and budgets, for both the development as a whole and site activations including ‘Meanwhile Uses’.
- Planning and delivery of Earls Court community programmes at the Project Rooms.
Experiential – manage and drive forward the mobile marketing / experiential campaign which aims to positively engage and educate the community on ECDC and the new plans, at a local and wider London level.
Media & communications:
- Drive the development and implementation of the vision, overseeing strategic ongoing media and influencers programmes to reinforce the sites positioning and brand identity for ECDC.
Channels and content:
- Responsibility for the creation of marketing collateral across print, video, digital and social media to support marketing, communication, and business objectives.
To qualify as the Marketing and Communications Manager you must have experience of:
- Significant experience of an agency or in-house marketing or communications environment (with at least some of that time having been developed within the real estate sector)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to build relationships and influence partners and stakeholders across all levels
- Exemplary communication skills, and an ability to understand and to solve complex issues through collaboration, creativity and consensus building.
- Ability to understand and bring to life ECDC’s core values – collaboration, consideration and celebration – across all marketing workstreams
- Knowledge of key marketing and press channels, including the development cycle of hoardings (or other large advertising space)
- Knowledge of integrating communications, digital and marketing programmes to engage a broad range of audiences.
- Proven track record of managing multiple third-party agencies
To apply for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager with the Earls Court Development Company.
Please fill in the short form with your details below, attach your CV and any further information such as a covering letter and click on the Submit your Application button.
Please note that any approaches or direct contact to The Earls Court Development Company will be forwarded to our search partner, Ellwood Atfield and will not be responded to. As such, please direct all enquiries to EA.