GamCare are looking for a Marketing & Communications Officer as they expand their team
GamCare is an independent charity that is a leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone harmed by gambling in Great Britain. They offer a wide range of support, including treatment and education programmes for those affected by gambling harms.
This is an exciting time to get behind an excellent cause as the organisation expands their team with several key hires. As Marketing and Communications Officer you will be responsible for producing audience focused content across a range of channels, ensuring a consistent tone of voice and position from GamCare. Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will support raising the profile and reputation with GamCare and create content for all of their external communications channels.
- Monitor the news cycle and keep abreast of issues that may effective GamCare’s stakeholders, both internal external, to ensure timely responses as well as spotting additional opportunities for proactive engagement
- Work closely with wider GamCare teams on marketing plans and create content, tracking and monitoring effectiveness to help improve their reach and achieve organisational goals
- Create and design innovative and creative copy for a wide range of channels, including selling stories to the media, managing all of GamCare’s digital and social media channels, as well producing documents for senior colleagues
- Conduct research and draft initial responses to consultations, briefings and other correspondence, as well as commission cases studies and coordinate report production
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of creating high quality content for a variety of audiences in a similar role, ideally within an organisations with a complex environment with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven experience proactively and successfully selling stories to the media, creating and tailoring messaging to a variety of audiences and channels, including website, social media and other digital channels.
- The ability to represent GamCare externally, with experience building relationships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of or interest in problem gambling/ gambling-related issues and the wider gambling sector is advantageous.
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the link and submit your CV.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this opportunity.
Interviews taking place mid-April.