Award winning international environmental charity seeks Media and Communications Officer
This is a rare opportunity with an award winning international environmental charity that is at the forefront of the climate change discussion and is helping to shape international policies. They are looking for a Media and Communications Officer to play a key role in increasing their profile and influence through targeted media coverage, content and social media. Based in the heart of London and reporting to the Head of Communications, this role is a unique opportunity for anyone who is interested in developing their career in international corporate affairs and climate action.
- Devising and implementing media and communications plans that are aligned to our core objective
- Managing and maintaining the External Communications Priority Planner, working with the wider team to prioritise our external facing activity, to ensure effective storytelling and profile building
- Taking lead role in developing the tone and messaging, including feeding into our overarching messaging documents, reports and key event and campaigns collateral
- Being the main point of contact for day-to-day enquiries from the media
- Proactively building relationships with key journalists, as part of an ongoing programme of outreach
- Writing articles and producing content for the media, social media, website and other communications channels, ensuring that it is pithy, topical, visual and accessible, to better profile our brand and influence
- Attending events and interviews with spokespeople, advising on any media appearances
Key responsibilities and skills required
- Experience of working in a fast-paced media team, securing high profile coverage to uplift an organisation’s profile in cooperation with colleagues from different disciplines.
- A storyteller, with an eye for a good headline and the ability to develop a wide range of multi-channel content for a variety of audiences that can significantly drive profile and influence
- Ability to communicate complex information from multiple sources in a clear, simple and engaging manner for the target audience
- Be an ambitious adaptable self-starter
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please apply quoting the reference no EH-1906-6684