London’s Air Ambulance Charity is looking for a Media and Public Affairs Manager
London’s Air Ambulance Charity delivers rapid response cutting edge care to critically injured patients in the capital. Using a helicopter from 08:00 to sunset, and rapid response cars at night or in adverse weather situations, London’s Air Ambulance brings the hospital to the patient when time is critical. They perform innovative and potentially life-saving procedures usually found in the emergency department on-scene. The team, consisting of an advanced trauma doctor, paramedic and consultant on most missions, can perform treatments such as open heart surgery, blood transfusions and general anaesthetic by the roadside.
By providing intervention as quickly as possible after injury, they aim to give patients the best chance of survival, and best quality of life, after trauma.
They serve the 10 million people that live work and travel within the M25, treating an average of five patients every day. The most common incidents they attend include road traffic collisions, stabbings and shootings, falls from height and incidents on the rail network.
London’s Air Ambulance Charity is looking for a Media and Public Affairs Manager to join their Marketing and Communications team and help deliver their organisational strategy. Reporting into the Head of Communications, you will be leading on all media and public affairs activity, including high profile events and PR around their 30th Anniversary this year. This will involve communications work on the 30th Anniversary Campaign, of which HRH The Duke of Cambridge is Patron, alongside events with politicians, journalists, celebrities and wider stakeholders.
- Manage and lead on press plans for major projects and campaigns, develop and manage key relationships with the media and produce communication materials for a range of channels
- Working closely with the Head of Communications to lead on the organisation’s crisis communications and response to reactive issues, as well as identifying opportunities for proactive PR and stakeholder work to promote London’s Air Ambulance’s life-saving work, that contributes to the strategic goals of the charity
- To implement the public affairs strategy which outlines the organisational key influencing priorities and maintain and grow relationships with political and wider stakeholders
- Provide political monitoring to ensure London’s Air Ambulance Charity is responsive to the external political environment and is kept abreast of potential policy threats
- Ensure that digital communications and social media are fully integrated into the strategic planning and operational activity of all media and communications
- Good political nous with a solid understanding of the political landscape, particularly within London
- Experience working in a press office or agency dealing with media
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to work well as part of a wider team
As they are looking to appoint ASAP, please send your CV to Emily Roberts at emily@ellwoodatfield quoting job reference number: ER-1905-6636 to apply, or for more information.