An incredibly exciting opportunity to join New Philanthropy Capital's media team
NPC is a charity, think tank, and consultancy to the social sector. Over many years we have worked with charities, funders, philanthropists and others, supporting them to deliver the greatest possible impact for the causes and people they serve. We are driven by the values and mission of the charity sector, to which we bring the rigour, clarity and analysis needed to better achieve the outcomes we all seek. We also share the motivations and passion of funders, to which we bring our expertise, experience and track record of success.
Our think tank work provides thought leadership, pioneers solutions and brings people together. We identify issues preventing the sector from achieving its potential, explore ways to overcome them, and work with partners to catalyse change.
Our consulting services help charities and funders find solutions to the challenges they face, whether they are trying to work more effectively, exploring new ways of working, or setting out to prove their worth. All our advice is backed up by fifteen years of research, and draws on our think tank work to transform the charity sector.
“NPC is a unique charity and think tank, and a rewarding place to work. The work is varied and the topics we explore are wide ranging and are aiming to tackle some of our country’s most pressing social challenges. The media manager is key to our success, ensuring that our new thinking is clearly articulated and reaches a wide set of audiences.” - Leah Davis, Head of Policy and External Affairs
Reporting to the Head of Policy and External Affairs, the Media Manager will be responsible for maximising the organisations media coverage, raising the organisations profile and key missions.
- Working closely with the CEO, Head of Policy and Head of Communications to deliver a successful media strategy
- Proactively work to develop and maintain relationships with key members of the media across print, broadcast and online that can garner coverage for the organisation
- Monitor sector media coverage looking for opportunities to pitch in relevant organisational stores
- Ensure colleagues in the organisation are sufficiently prepared ahead of media appearances
- Develop engaging content that can be pushed out across the organisations digital channels including blogs, the website and newsletters
- Editing our written outputs, as required
Key skills and experience required
- A proven ability to spot media opportunities and a track record in gaining media coverage
- The ability to develop and maintain influential relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with experience in each. A track record of writing in a clear, engaging manner for different audiences and experience of adapting content to different audiences
- Strong planning skills and an ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A strong understanding of the UK media, think tank world and charity sector
This role is permanent, subject to completion of a six-month probationary period. We are offering this role on both a full and part-time basis. We are also open to secondments and job-share opportunities.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on the week commencing 10th March.
If you would like to apply to be New Philanthropy Capital’s Media Manager, please apply clicking the apply now button at the top of the page.