An exciting opportunity to join an organisation influencing mental health policy
Our client, a leading organisation in the health and social care sector is looking to recruit a Media Manager to help raise the organisations profile throughout relevant media channels. The organisation plays a leading role in the development of mental health policies that will lead to the improvement of mental health services across the UK.
Working closely with the Head of External Affairs and the Director of Strategic Communications, the Media Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the organisation’s media strategy. This role will play a crucial part in maintaining the organisations reputation and highlighting the organisations key successes through media channels.
- Working closely with the Head of External Affairs, and the Director of Strategy to devise and deliver a successful media plan
- Proactively work to develop and maintain relationships with key members of the media across print, broadcast and online that will garner coverage for the organisation
- Monitor sector media coverage looking for opportunities to pitch in relevant organisational stores
- Work closely with key organisational spokespeople, ensuring they are effectively briefed ahead of media appearances
- You will be responsible for training and developing the Junior Communications Officer and the Press Officer
- Develop engaging content that can be pushed out across the organisations digital channels including blogs, the website, and newsletters
- Deputising for the Head of External Affairs where necessary.
Key skills and experience required
- A proven ability to spot media opportunities and a track record in gaining media coverage
- The ability to develop and maintain influential relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with experience in each
- A track record of writing in a clear, engaging manner for different audiences and experience of adapting content to different audiences
- Strong planning skills and an ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you would like to apply for this role, please apply clicking the apply now button at the top of this page.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 8th April 2020.