Renowned professional body in the building and design sector seeking an ambitious Media Officer
High-profile professional organisation within the property and design sector seeks a communications professional looking for a broad and varied role, encompassing: media relations, social media, press office management and events.
To provide an excellent communication service for a leading professional body. Supporting the Director of Media in working across a broad range of topics and subjects, supporting the delivery of their broad media objectives.
- Concepting and executing a variety of media campaigns and projects, working across a broad range of topics
- Handle digital and social media channels, taking ownership of strategy and execution
- Respond to journalist enquiries in a professional and timely manner, managing and rolling out the wider media plan and strategy, and selling-in articles to the media
- Collaborating with various internal teams, providing media expertise to their projects
- Maintaining strong relationships with key media and press, both specialist within the industry, and generalist.
Key skills and experience
- Proven experience working in a busy press office, both on reactive and proactive media
- Adept at formulating and delivering strong communications plans, objectives and strategy across a range of platforms and media
- Strong press and media relations experience, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to distil detailed information to write accurate and engaging copy, tweets and statements that appeal to a range of audiences and media channels.