The British Medical Association is looking for a Media Officer to join the team
The British Medical Association is at the heart of the health policy and healthcare landscape. During COVID-19 its’ prominence in the media has never been higher, shaping the news and policy agenda on a daily basis. They are now looking for an experienced Media Officer to join the team
This national professional association and trade union for doctors is a leading, influential voice on a wide range of issues affecting the health sector and as part of a busy media and news relations team, your work will be to support the Head of Media, the wider BMA and the doctors they represent, to deliver top flight media output and help support their overall strategy to ensure the voice of their members is heard.
- Working as part of the Regional News team to support the BMA’s spokespeople across England and foster excellent relationships with local and regional journalists to secure relevant and timely coverage and features
- Writing press releases, articles and letters for external audiences and drafting briefings for our key spokespeople
- Work with colleagues to prepare monthly analysis of media coverage and regular digital updates to members
- Being part of an on-call out of hours rota for media
Skills and experience
- Previous of experience working in a fast-paced press office or news environment with demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines where there are multiple competing priorities
- A strong news sense with the ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally with a range of stakeholders
- Experience working within the health sector is strongly preferred, along with a good understanding of working in a national membership organisation, as this role will require translating complex health policy to easily understandable language and working with multiple stakeholders in the health and health policy field.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via the link below.
Closing date: 30th June 2021