Exciting media opportunity in a leading transport membership organisation!
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to share an excellent Media Officer opportunity to work with a leading membership organisation for the transport sector. This is an excellent opportunity to deliver wider communications and media strategies as one of the leading voices within the communications team.
The Media Officer will be responsible for enhancing the reputation of the membership organisation as they go through a period of change and improvement in regard to the economy, customers, communities, and their people.
- Effective and timely release of statements to the media, generating positive and rebutting negative media coverage;
- Support the development, delivery and implementation of effective communications plans and campaigns that deliver business objectives;
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues across the organisation, members, the media and stakeholders to help the organisation deliver business objectives;
- Contribute to the wider communications function of the team, including drafting articles, writing for the web, contributing to the direct communications with stakeholders and taking part in the on-call rota to handle out-of-hour queries and bids from the media.
Key skills and experience required
- Proactive and opportunistic approach to generating positive media coverage;
- Experience monitoring and responding to external events and developing responses to issues affecting the industry;
- The ability to understand and translate complex policy work into engaging media stories;
- Ability to multitask effectively and work well under pressure.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your CV via the “Apply for this position” button.
For more information, please contact Rebecca (Rebecca@ellwoodatfield.com). This position closes on Thursday 23rd March at 5pm.