A countryside charity is seeking a Media Relations Lead to join their growing external Affairs team.
My client is looking for an experienced media relations specialist to build on their media profile as a leading influencer, whilst also driving the communications of an exciting repositioning of the organization. You will devise and implement media influencing strategies and ensure effective relationships with journalists and opinion formers in support of their objectives.
- Develop and deliver media strategies and plans that will maximise the company’s reputation, profile and influence with target audiences
- Run the press office day-to-day, responding to all press enquiries and initiating proactive engagement strategies with key media
- Support and guide staff in developing media strategies and ensuring effective media relations and that it meets a high standard
- Produce compelling press releases and other media outputs, often to tight deadlines
- Work closely with the policy and campaigns teams on reacting to news coming from Westminster
Key skills and experience required
- Significant experience of running media operations in a national organization, preferably within the charity sector
- Previous experience of building relationships with key national and regional media, successfully placing stories in relevant outlets
- Proven success in leading PR and media campaigns, including media evaluation
- The capacity to work independently and to strict deadlines
- A strong understanding of the political landscape, and how this interplays with press and media.