A rare opportunity to join a highly influential global team and lead the UK practice.
Covington helps clients worldwide achieve critical business objectives by combining legal, political, and policy expertise to provide strategic advice and advocacy.
With more than 120 former government officials, diplomats, and regulators backed by global corporate and litigation practices, they turn government related insight into practical advice for doing business. Covington is recognised to be among the best public policy firms in the U.S. and Europe by Chambers, Legal 500, and The National Law Journal.
In Europe, their team includes several former policymakers, such as a former Prime Minister; a former UK Europe and Trade Minister; a former leading member of the European Parliament; the former Permanent Representative of Belgium to the European Union; two former Deputy Directors General of the European Commission; and a renowned leading lawyer in European public affairs.
In order to strengthen Covington’s practice in Europe, and to continue serving their growing client base to the highest standard, they are seeking a high performing public policy or
government affairs practitioner to lead and grow the public policy practice in the United Kingdom.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and grow a UK public policy practice, collaborating closely with the leadership of the European Public Policy Group in Brussels.
- Lead on substantive assignments for clients.
- Develop new business in the region both inbound and outbound.
Attributes and requirements include:
- An understanding of legal practice and experience of working in a law firm environment or similar. Ideally, this individual would be a qualified lawyer.
- Excellent political insight and a deep understanding of the UK political context.
- Deep experience of the policymaking and regulatory systems in the UK, and an ability to work with policymakers across party lines.
View the Job Description Here.