A unique opportunity working across policy and communications within a leading trade association
My client is the leading membership association representing the needs of the self employed. They are seeking a new Policy and Communications Adviser to join the organisation to support the Head of Policy and Communications. Within this role, you will be working on delivering excellent media coverage and developing policy positions to share with internal and external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has some experience within either PR or policy, and would interested in gaining broader skills across communications or policy.
- Research, develop and promote policy positions
- Work closely with the Director of Policy, senior management and lead on specific policy areas
- Write and maintain policy positions for members
- Liaise with the broader communications team and produce content for the newsletter
- Brief senior colleagues ahead of press appearances or meetings
Key skills and experience required
- Previous experience within press/PR and/or policy
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable engaging with a range of stakeholders, including civil service, press and members
- Excellent understanding of the UK Parliament