GamCare are looking for a Policy and Communications Officer
GamCare are an independent charity that is a leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone harmed by gambling in Great Britain. They offer a wide range of support, including treatment and education programmes for those affected by gambling harms.
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Communications you will be responsible for producing content across a range of channels, ensuring a consistent tone and position for the organisation. Monitoring the media and political landscape, you will be able to identify key opportunities for collaboration through policy and communications delivery with a variety of stakeholders. Working with a passionate and supportive team, your work will make a real difference to people's lives.
- Monitoring policy, parliamentary and wider political developments which may impact GamCare and providing updates to the wider team
- Providing policy and public affairs support, working with key stakeholders and possible influencers to engage them with GamCare’s work
- Undertake research, both desk-based and commissioning case studies, and create content for a wide range of external channels, including drafting responses to consultations, media enquiries and publications
- Project manage the delivery of key documents and reports to ensure the content is aligned with GamCare’s policies and positions
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment in a similar political or communications role, with a solid understanding of the workings of government
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor your writing style to different audiences
- Proven research skills, with the ability to research against a brief and provide concise summaries of your findings and the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear way.
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the link and submit your CV.
Closing date 29th October 2020.