The GMC is looking to expand their Policy and External Affairs team in Scotland
The General Medical Council (GMC) is looking to expand its Scotland Office through the recruitment of a Policy and External Affairs Officer on a 9 month FTC. The organisation works to protect, improve and uphold medical standards and patient safety in the UK through education, working closely with doctors, patients and healthcare providers to ensure safe practicing standards are maintained.
The GMC is looking to recruit a Policy and External Affairs Officer to join their Scotland Office team to promote and support the policy and public affairs activity for the organisation in the country. As part of the team, your responsibility will be to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure key policy positions are communicated and the regulator’s reputation is protected and enhanced.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with relevant stakeholders across the political and health landscape in Scotland
- Manage the organisation’s responses to external consultations and health policy initiatives in Scotland
- Monitor the Scottish political landscape and brief colleagues across the organisations as required
- Monitor the media in Scotland and advise colleagues on issues arising
Key skills and experience required:
- A good understanding of the Scottish political and health landscape
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The gravitas to work with senior internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply as soon as possible by clicking the 'apply now' button.
Closing date: 09:00 9th October.
Interview date: 20th October.