Full Fact is an independent charity and team of campaigners and fact checkers
Full Fact fights for the right information to reach the people who need it most, whether that’s individuals making decisions about their health or who to vote for; or politicians debating the future of our country.
Our principles are simple. Anyone making serious claims in public debate - fact checkers included - should be prepared to:
- Get their facts right
- Back up what they say with evidence
- Correct their mistakes.
We are working with Full Fact to recruit a Policy and Parliamentary Relations Manager to play a central part in their work to stop the harm caused by bad information, improve the standard of public debate and make sure people get the facts they deserve. You will be a key team member in their campaign on the Online Safety Bill, making sure Full Face have the relationships with the government and other relevant organisations, as well as building policy propositions to influence this key legislation.
- Manage UK online policy work so that Full Fact has specific, credible, proportionate, evidence-based and timely proposals to reduce the harm caused by bad information and lead the associated influencing strategies, plans and campaigns to bring about change (working with the Head of Advocacy and Policy and the Chief Executive on policy development, coherence and sign off)
- Build Full Fact’s relationship with the UK Government, particularly DCMS, in relation to our external change agenda, and ensure good relations with other governments on online policy where relevant
- Ensure Full Fact has expertise on the policies internet companies have to tackle misinformation, has evidence-based asks to improve those policies, and have an overview of our relationships with the internet companies in relation to policy
- Represent Full Fact at external events relevant to online policy and mis/disinformation online and support spokespeople, particularly the Head of Policy and Advocacy and the Chief Executive, in external facing work that advances Full Fact’s policy influencing and relationship-building
- Ensure Full Fact has high-quality and timely policy outputs that take forward discourse and processes on online policy and misinformation along with robust policy messaging for media work and our own channels and supporter-facing communications.
Key skills and experience required
- You are committed to the political neutrality of our work and have a good understanding of impartiality (please see the rules on their website https://fullfact.org/about/jobs/)
- A strong understanding of public debate, and political and government systems in the UK and sensitivity to the political context Full Fact work in
- A strong understanding of Full Fact's political context and institutional environment, including government, parliament, companies, and civil society
- Proven ability to be effective and persuasive with senior decision makers or policy makers
- Experience working with senior decision makers in government and civil society.
For more information, or to apply for the Policy and Parliamentary Relations Manager position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2107-7831.