Full Fact is an independent charity and team of campaigners and fact checkers
Full Fact fights for the right information to reach the people who need it most, whether that’s individuals making decisions about their health or who to vote for; or politicians debating the future of our country.
Our principles are simple. Anyone making serious claims in public debate - fact checkers included - should be prepared to:
- Get their facts right
- Back up what they say with evidence
- Correct their mistakes.
We are working with Full Fact to recruit a Policy and Parliamentary Relations Manager to gain the support needed from UK parliamentarians for legislation, regulation, policy and practice that addresses misinformation online and to press for changes that will improve debate by politicians and the democratic process.
- Manage and coordinate parliamentary engagement across Full Fact, ensuring that all their contact and communications with parliamentarians coherently supports Full Fact’s mission to improve the quality of public debate
- Proactively build and maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of parliamentarians, staffers and committees to support Full Fact’s goals including key committees in relation to our external change agenda
- Lead on and coordinate parliamentary inquiry evidence and submissions, working with the Head of Policy and Advocacy and the team to use the evidence from our policy and fact checking work to inform policy recommendations
- Coordinate and develop the parliamentary aspects of Full Fact’s advocacy and campaigns, including acting as a central point of expertise on parliamentary procedure and legislative change
- Monitor and share intelligence on parliamentary activity, debates and committee hearings that impact Full Fact’s work, and identify opportunities for influence.
Key skills and experience required
- You are committed to the political neutrality of their work and have a good understanding of impartiality (please see the rules on our website https://fullfact.org/about/jobs/)
- A strong understanding of public debate, and political and government systems in the UK and sensitivity to the political context and institutional environment Full Fact works in, including government, parliament, companies, and civil society
- Demonstrable experience working with or building relationships with parliamentarians to achieve change
- Proven ability to be effective and persuasive with senior decision makers or policy makers including MPs
- A good working knowledge of parliamentary procedure.
For more information, or to apply for the Policy and Parliamentary Relations Manager position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2107-7830.