The Royal Osteoporosis Society is looking for a new Policy and Public Affairs Advisor
The Royal Osteoporosis Society is the only UK-wide organisation dedicated to finding a cure for osteoporosis and improving the lives of everyone affected by it. Osteoporosis affects 3.5m people in the UK, but it’s known as the ‘silent disease’, because of under-diagnosis, under-treatment and low public awareness.
Ellwood Atfield are delighted to have partnered exclusively with the Royal Osteoporosis Society who are looking for a Policy and Public Affairs Advisor to co-ordinate and drive the development of a Policy and Public Affairs strategy for the charity, while generating and curating the evidence for change.
- Lead the development of the charity’s policy and public affairs programme
- Lead the Secretariat function for the All-Party Parliamentary Group and facilitate an APPG Inquiry
- Brief the Senior Leadership Team and wider charity on key external policy and political developments
- Co-ordinate responses to key government consultations and reviews undertaken by key external partners.
Key skills required
- A good understanding of the structures of government at national, local and devolved nation levels.
- A proven a track record of influencing politicians and other key government decision makers
- An excellent understanding of the health and social care sector its public bodies
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesise data and information quickly and accurately.
- Excellent decision-making ability, with the ability to prioritise and manage work and deliver outputs in a responsive and timely manner.
For the full recruitment pack, please click here.