Are you an experienced policy and public affairs professional seeking your next challenge?
As the new Policy and Public Affairs Manager, you would be working for the organisation responsible for representing the providers of an important proportion of the passenger transport industry in the United Kingdom. You will play a significant part in helping the CPT in influencing political confidence in the UK’s bus and coach network.
This position will develop and execute influential policy initiatives, positions and materials for one of the most diverse transport trade associations to assert its position amongst external audiences.
- Develop policy initiatives and outputs to influence key issues and strategic priorities supporting the delivery of public affairs, stakeholder and communications activities and campaigns
- Proactively drive the policy agenda and influence the stakeholder landscape through launching initiatives, such as policy-based campaigns, reports and thought leadership activities
- Help develop and deliver engagement activities building cross-party relationships, credibility and influence with external influencers and stakeholders such as parliamentarians, local government leaders, Metro Mayors and LEPs, and across government
- Work with CPT members to align views and build consensus to support strategies and priorities, including collaborating with members’ in-house teams
- Provide policy advice on key issues to internal stakeholders and members.
Key skills and experience required
- Experience of developing and delivering policy initiatives, such as delivering thought leadership initiatives/supporting campaigns, drafting thought pieces, articles and reports
- Experience of developing policy positions and submissions, such as consultation and select committee responses
- Experience of public policy issues and excellent knowledge of the decision making process and stakeholder landscape
- Experience of navigating complex policy issues with the ability to identify and communicate key challenges.