An exciting policy and government relations position in a growing team focusing on infrastructure
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with one of the UK’s foremost building and built industry bodies. The organisation has a leading profile in the built environment, working on employment, education, and promoting apprenticeships.
The role will be responsible for working on briefing materials and assisting in policy engagements at Westminster and Whitehall. The role requires an eye to detail with an ability to communicate and engage with a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Lead the policy development of two policy areas, developing key policy lines and a government relations plan to engage relevant decision-makers on the issue
- Develop a range of influencing materials including reports, policy briefings and speaking notes for senior members of staff including CEO, Directors and Head of External Affairs
- Provide support to Press office, Marketing and Communications Team and Partnerships team, to help establish and communication the organisation’s policy narrative to media and other stakeholders
- Work alongside colleagues in the English Regions, Scotland and Wales to build relationships and drive collaborative working
- Deliver a robust policy and government relations monitoring service
Key skills and experience
- A good understanding of the political system and how the process works across local areas
- Experience of managing, implementing and evaluation proactive political engagement campaigns including the development of policy
- Working with senior managers to provide measured media advice
- Event management experience
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
If you are interested, please submit your CV via the ‘apply’ button below, quoting the reference CA-1910-6949