Are you an experienced policy professional with the ability to work on complex technical issues?
Our client is a chartered professional body with a large membership in the UK and internationally.
We are working with our client to appoint a new, senior Policy Manager who will identify key policy areas of long-term interest to the profession which they will represent. This individual will bring signifant policy experience, and ideally be able to point to knowledge of the pensions market, if not wider financial services.
- Represent members’ views to policymakers, regulators and other key stakeholders in the UK and internationally
- Scan the environment to ensure that policy issues relevant to the organisation and it’s members are identified
- Work with members to manage work programmes effectively
- Deliver effective, evidence-based responses to consultations and identify opportunities for follow-up
- Prepare briefing documents on key policy issues to support public affairs activities.
Key skills and experience required
- Extensive experience of public policy making and, essentially, knowledge of the financial services sector - ideally within pensions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to understand and translate complex technical information
- Demonstrable experience of working with stakeholders including members (desirable)
- Experience of working with committees/groups to develop policy positions (desirable).
For more information, or to apply for the Policy Manager position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2010-7547.