Leading membership body is seeking a policy professional to join their team.
Our client is a leading professional body spanning the transport and infrastructure sectors seeking a Policy Manager to join their team.
The Policy Manager will be working closely alongside the Policy Lead as well as the Public Affairs team to produce excellent content and reports. You will be able to become an expert in a range of exciting policy topics including net zero, sustainability, and the future of British infrastructure.
- To provide briefings for internal and external stakeholders on a range of policy issues
- To produce articles and papers for publication to wider audiences
- Engage closely with the Lead Policy Manager and Director of Policy to make recommendations for the policy strategy
- Working closely with the Public Affairs and Communications teams who ensure the organisation’s voice and messaging is maximised
- Developing relationships with key civil servants, politicians, and industry specialists
Key skills and experience required
- Excellent academic credentials
- Exception written skills
- A strong understanding of the UK political framework
- Previous experience of working within policy and/or public affairs
- Knowledge of infrastructure would be desirable, however it is not required