Leading Financial Services Trade Organisation seeks Press Officer
My client is a leading trade association in the financial services space who is looking to hire a new Press Officer to work alongside the Director of Communications and Head of Press & Campaigns on industry-wide campaigns. You will work as part of a busy and dynamic press office working on reactive and proactive media campaigns.
- Support the Head of Press & Campaigns and press team in handling reactive day to day media relations
- Responding to press calls and drafting reactive lines and co-ordinating broadcast media bids and build strong relationships with relevant journalists and key trade publications
- Preparing press releases and press briefings for the CEO and senior policy colleagues
- Identify opportunities for proactive media coverage across trade, national and regional media
- Proactively monitor news, breaking stories, developments online and social media ensuring they are flagged to the relevant teams internally
- Participate in the rota for writing their industry news digest
- Oversee and maintain the long term strategic grid to ensure the press team is prepared for reactive responses
Key experience and skills required
- Proven experience in a high pressure, fast moving environment
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with strong and attention to detail and the ability to hit deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and proven experience in PR and communications either working in-house or agency. Existing financial services knowledge would be a bonus but not essential.
- Be a team player with a self-starter attitude
If you would like to be this organisation’s new Press Officer, please apply quoting the reference no. AB-1909-6845