UK Finance are seeking a new Principal, Prudential Policy to join their team.
UK Finance is the collective voice for the banking and finance industry. Representing more than 250 firms across the industry, they act to enhance competitiveness, support customers and facilitate innovation.
Reporting to the Director, Prudential Policy the successful candidate will provide policy related input into two of UK Finance’s most important business areas, Financial Policy and Risk and operational resilience. The successful candidate will engage on UK Finance’s behalf with policy makers, regulators and government in the UK and international, to ensure that the financial services sector is able to benefit from the opportunities offered by technological innovation, yet remain safe and resilient.
- Chair member committees and working groups to identify key issues, develop policy positions and achieve agreement on policy and technical issues
- Support members in the interpretation of new regulatory initiatives and coordinate industry discussion
- Lead development and delivery of key thought pieces and working papers on the Financial Risk Policy Committee strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with full and associate members, and provide briefings on emerging policy developments
- Act as an effective advocate to influence industry stakeholders including politicians, regulators and other association.
Key skills and experience required
- Understanding of micro-prudential regulation, including Basel III and the CRD/CRR
- Knowledge of the key political, legislative and regulatory issues affecting the UK and international financial services firms
- Experience of working with a non-executive Board or committee(s), including committee secretariat and minute taking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be able to build and maintain a diverse set of stakeholder relationships
- Experience of successfully working on cross-cutting issues within a matrix environment.
For more information and to apply:
This search is being led by Tom Ewen and supported by Alec Zetter. For an initial conversation please contact Alec Zetter on the contact details highlighted above. To apply for this role, please click on the “Apply for this role” button and submit your CV via the online application.