NHS Providers is looking for a new Programme Development Manager
NHS Providers is the membership organisation for the NHS hospital, mental health, community and ambulance services that treat patients and service users in the NHS. We help NHS foundation trusts and trusts to deliver high-quality, patient-focused care by enabling them to learn from each other, acting as their public voice and helping shape the system in which they operate. NHS Providers has all trusts in voluntary membership, collectively accounting for £92bn of annual expenditure and employing more than one million staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic programme development manager to scope and deliver a range of high profile initiatives on some of the most pressing issues facing the NHS. The initial focus will be developing and delivering a programme to support provider organisations to work more closely to accelerate service recovery, integrate care, address health inequality and deliver more sustainable services. Through a range of events, publications, and resources, the programme will share board level learning on how to strengthen existing partnerships and forge new collaborations. The postholder will also scope and deliver other programmes which respond to the new challenges members face as they lead their organisations in a time of unprecedented pressure and change.
Key skills required
- Track record of leading projects from inception to implementation
- Experience of working within health and care or a similarly complex environment
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships at a senior level
- Experience of developing content and materials for public audiences
- Experience of being a respected external advocate for an organisation
- A basic understanding of the current health policy agenda and some of the challenges facing NHS boards
This will be a 24 month contract with the possibility of extension. A full job description can be found here.
Ellwood Atfield have partnered exclusively with NHS Providers, applications will close on at 9am on Monday 2 August 2021. If you are interested this role please send through your application as soon as possible to Barry Hartness – firstname.lastname@example.org