Opportunity for a public affairs and policy professional to advocate for a fairer pension system
Our client is a sustainable and responsible pension provider which believes that positive investment outcomes and investing for a better world go together. Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs and Policy, you will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the Public Affairs and Policy strategy. This includes developing considered policy positions, responding to consultations, and lobbying key stakeholders in the industry, such as regulators and government officials, to help achieve our client’s objectives for the business and wider society. A good understanding of the way pension policies are developed and brought into legislation is essential.
- Policy analysis and development of topics which support the Public Affairs and Policy strategy and business objectives, including assessing government and regulator consultations and managing the responses, and researching and developing wider policy propositions that impact in the longer term
- Coordination of internal Policy and Public Affairs forums and relationships, particularly across senior management, Trustees, parent and associated companies to develop and deliver the Policy and Public Affairs plan, including working closely with the public relations team.
- Monitoring, reporting and briefing on Policy and Public Affairs matters and regularly reporting back to the business, providing a forward view of the regulatory landscape and highlighting key policy, regulatory and industry developments
- Support the coordination, building and maintaining of relationships with key policy and political stakeholders to increase reputation, profile and influence across Whitehall and Westminster, including the management of key Policy and Public Affairs events
- Responsible for day-to-day management of Public Affairs and Policy agencies to ensure they provide skilled support, guidance and good value for money.
Key skills and experience required
- Experience of pensions policy is essential, including developing policy options which take into account complex and multiple impacts and policy drivers
- Ability to manage and deliver in-depth policy analysis and development, as well as managing a breadth of policy areas
- Strong team player able to take the initiative but also understand the importance of collaboration and communication
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a deadline and result-driven environment, working across different policy projects
- Ability to take instruction and work calmly under pressure.
To apply please click through below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.