Exciting opportunity to advocate on behalf of the UK theatre industry
UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) and Society of London Theatre (SOLT) are trade associations representing the interests of those engaged in the production and presentation of medium to large-scale theatre in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and deliver a proactive programme of policy, public affairs and external engagement activity for UK Theatre and SOLT and their members. The role will work closely with the CEO and Head of UK Theatre & Workforce Development to advise on lobbying and influencing activities, to help the organisations achieve their policy objectives.
- Support the development and articulation of UK Theatre and SOLT’s overall policy position on a range of relevant topics
- Support the Chief Executive in representing the organisation at meetings with key external stakeholders, including regulators, Government opinion-formers and think tanks, and the Creative Industries Council’s various working groups
- Research, analyse and share relevant trends from political, social and technical arenas, disseminating to members and internal departments
- Oversee the delivery of projects as required, working in partnership with other organisations (e.g. One Dance UK, Association of British Orchestras, Creu Cymru, Creative & Cultural Skills, the Creative Industries Federation and others)
- Act as the Secretariat of the Theatre APPG.
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable achievement in practical advocacy and lobbying
- Intricate knowledge of the working of Westminster and Whitehall and, ideally, experience working with the Scottish Parliament, the Senedd and the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Proven success in communicating complex arguments, verbally and in writing, in an accessible way in different environments
- Ability to analyse, recommend, lead and implement strategies, projects and initiatives cross-functionally
- Ideally, you will have experience of working in a related industry or a membership organisation.
For more information, or to apply for the Public Affairs Manager position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2106-7794.
Society of London Theatre and UK Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.