A leading trade association is seeking a Public Affairs Manager on a 12month FTC
I am partnered with a leading trade association with a strong voice within financial services. They have over 300 members, and represent their views within policy and to policy makers. They are seeking a Public Affairs Manager to join the team on a 12 month FTC.
In this position, you will be responsible for leading on the engagement with MPs and Peers. The organisation has their own APPG which you will be co-ordinating, you will deal with select committees, and help to prepare any senior colleagues or members before any appearances on committees.
- Proactively engaging with MPs in all parties, and securing comments in debates, and managing these relationships
- Dealing with relevant select committees
- Briefings MPs ahead of debates
- Briefings colleagues and members on public affairs actively
Key skills and experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for research and briefings
- Experience and knowledge of Parliament, Government and/or Public Affairs
- Background of working in research and public policy, with experience in financial services is required
- Motivated, with a good eye to detail