The British Soft Drinks Association is seeking a new Public Affairs Manager to join their team
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be exclusively partnered with the British Soft Drinks Association who are seeking a new Public Affairs Manager to join their team. British Soft Drinks Association is a highly regarded trade body within the FMCG space. Their membership includes franchisors, importers, and suppliers of soft drinks, in addition to the majority of Britain’s soft drink manufacturers.
This exciting Public Affairs Manager position will join the BSDA’s established team to support in their public affairs and policy work. The BSDA are industry leaders in a wide range of policy areas which you will be able to focus on, and you’ll also have to opportunity to become specialised within their work on packaging and sustainability.
- Working with policy makers and external stakeholders across Westminster, Scotland and Wales
- Conducting meetings with the membership, parliamentarians, civil servants, and other stakeholders including other trade associations
- Briefing members and colleagues on policy issues, and key political events
- Support in the preparation of the policy documents, consultation responses, newsletters and press releases
- Monitoring and analysing developments in soft drinks policy, packaging, and broader issues impacting FMCG
- Attending events including conferences and seminars, and on occasion running events too
Key skills and experience required
- Previous experience within the public affairs, or policy space – ideally within agency or trade association, however other organisations will be considered
- Understanding of the UK Parliament, Government departments, think tanks, and the devolved nations
- Confident in building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Government, MPs, and members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please click apply now referencing the job code CA-2108-7925 and submit your CV and covering letter by the 10th September.