Public Affairs Manager needed to help represent the travel industry
The organisation responsible for representing the travel industry is looking for a new Public Affairs Manager to advance its core public affairs agenda by assisting in the management and delivery of activities in Westminster, Whitehall, and Europe.
- Work with Members, internal departments and industry stakeholders to develop key policy positions and coordinate public affairs activities.
- Track and monitor key opinion leaders, decision influencers and stakeholders active in the public policy sphere on key issues, both in the UK and in Europe;
- Develop and maintain the political stakeholder database and a program of contact with key stakeholders in Westminster and Europe, including Government, Parliament, the Civil Service, and EU institutions.
- Line-manage and develop junior members of the Public Affairs team.
Key skills and experience required
- Solid experience of public affairs and lobbying with an understanding of the regulatory context in which the business is operating.
- In-depth knowledge about the workings of UK political institutions as well as a thorough understanding of the legislative process.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and the legislative process.
- An interest in the travel industry is essential, and experience in it or a related sector would be an advantage.