Be a part of building a better world through higher education
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be partnering with The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
The ACU is looking for a talented and ambitious public affairs professional to join their Strategic Communications team as a Public Affairs Manager. An exciting opportunity to secure support for higher education with governments and stakeholders across the Commonwealth and global stage, working with a diverse international network of more than 500 member universities. You will provide high quality advice to support the communication of the ACU’s policy priorities both internally and externally.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of an ambitious public affairs strategy, focusing particularly on strengthening ACU’s government relations activity
- Providing insight and advice for senior colleagues, using monitoring, strategic relationships and engagement to spot, develop and strengthen the ACU’s influence and profile amongst its members
- Proactively informing and influencing key stakeholders through policy papers, thought leadership, persuasive content for speeches and other communications
- Identifying and managing relationships with key stakeholders and influencers across the UK and Commonwealth, including senior government officials, and representatives within the higher education sector, to strategically influence policy, and deliver ACU’s strategic priorities
- Representing the Policy and Strategic Partnerships team at external events, conferences and internally as a business partner for other departments. To co-design policy, research and providing advice and support to enhance the ACU’s influencing and engagement activities.
- Knowledge and relevant experience of working in higher education and/or international development, the SDG’s and the Commonwealth
- Parliamentary experience or relevant experience working in the public affairs sector influencing with Governments
- Clear understanding of the political landscape, processes and systems across the UK or Commonwealth countries- knowledge of international/multilateral bodies, including the UN is an advantage
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills to strategically apply to inform workplans
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships alongside strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
To view the full job description, please click here.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter via the “Apply for this position” button.
The deadline for applications is Friday 27th of January. Please contact Naomi for more information (email@example.com)