Brilliant opportunity to join major global company
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be partnering with DHL to source a Public Affairs & Policy Manager. This exciting role will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to lead on several key areas of the company’s corporate affairs function, including engaging with third party and political stakeholders, creating a tactical advocacy programme, and developing strategic messaging.
This is a fantastic opportunity to directly support the corporate affairs function of a leading global logistics company who employs over 50’000 people across the UK. You’ll lead on key engagement activities across a complex and varied stakeholder landscape. You’ll support the development of strategic policy positions on areas from Net Zero to transport (air, land & sea) and international trade.
As Public Affairs & Policy Manager, you will be required to build positive working relationships with parliamentarians, government officials and other relevant parties in order to effectively influence policy in areas of direct impact to DHL's business as defined in the Corporate Affairs Strategy. You will represent DHL at a variety of policy groups and prepare briefing documents on policy issues and the political environment for the senior leadership within the wider DHL network.
- Drafting concise and clear written briefing documents for senior management with key messages and evidenced positions on the issues that may arise during meetings with senior politicians and stakeholders.
- Preparing presentations for senior management to support stakeholder engagement.
- Initiating and perpetuating excellent relationships and dialogue with key figures and bodies including Ministers, MPs, governmental departments, and regional/local government.
- Liaising with trade organisations and business groups, to identify, co-ordinate and deliver an industry-wide perspective on complex business critical issues to pitch to relevant audiences.
- Positively develop the company’s public profile with key stakeholders aligned to the organisation’s Thought Leadership priorities.
- Managing and leading visits to DHL facilities for Government Ministers, MPs, officials and other stakeholders. This includes presenting to them about DHL in the UK.
- delivering key messages on policy and corporate issues, responding to questions and challenges from stakeholders.
- To represent the interests of all DHL divisions to government and key stakeholders.
- To identify and understand the relevant issues and impacts for all DHL divisions and successfully articulate key messages to relevant stakeholders
- Identification of strategic political risks and opportunities and relaying of the potential impacts to the business.
- Successful multi-tasking to manage many and varied tasks / issues which can be high profile and complex in nature.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd August.
First stage interviews will take place on 10th August