We are delighted to partner with RAND Europe on this critical communications appointment
RAND Europe is a leading independent not-for-profit organisation that aims to bring evidence to bear on some of the important policy problems facing society today. Through independent and objective analysis their research teams hope to improve policy and decision-making. Their mission is to achieve impact and ultimately change lives for the better. They work across a range of areas from health to defence from their offices in Cambridge and Brussels. Their vision is to be the European policy research partner of choice for those who serve the public good.
To support business growth objectives, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Strategic Communications Director to join RAND Europe to help shape and deliver strategic communications initiatives that support business strategy and ensure RAND Europe fulfils its mission. With responsibility across PR, media relations, brand, publications and social media, the Strategic Communications Director will report directly to the Executive Vice-President and oversee a small in-house team responsible for building profile, telling important research stories better, and becoming more effective at engaging with stakeholders.
RAND Europe produces over 100 research products a year and they have ambitious plans to do more. They need an individual with a strategic mind who can work with their research groups to deliver impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic communications priorities
- Manage the strategic communications team with accountability for all deliverables
- Develop media campaigns for RAND Europe research to enhance RAND Europe’s reputation and support business objectives
- Oversee the publications process
- Oversee and enhance the RAND Europe social media channels
- Manage press briefings and targeted events with key decision-makers
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience leading a communications function
- Significant experience across all areas of media relations
- Experience of developing communications strategies that support policymaking priorities
- Worked as part of a leadership team
- A sound understanding of social media and digital communications
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to build a communications function set for growth and to help shape and deliver strategic communications initiatives which have a genuinely positive social impact.
For more information and to apply for this role, please attach your CV with supporting statement via the link provided.