Blue chip FMCG business seeks Regional Communications Officer for the North East
Our client is a global retailer, instantly recognisable brand is recruiting a Regional Communications Officer to support, manage and add value to the regional communications programme within their award-winning team. As Regional Communications Officer, you will devise and execute integrated Communications strategies that supports business strategy and drives trust in the brand across the region. You will achieve this by building positive relationships with both national and regional journalists, local MPs, councils and authorities, managing agencies, and working side-by-side with key internal stakeholders. This role is field and office based and this person will need to thrive on autonomy and initiative.
- Develop, lead and execute the North East Region communications plan in partnership with agencies and colleagues
- Take ownership on communicating positive news about the franchisee across the North East Region through traditional PR activity and online influencer engagement
- Maintain good relationship with the franchisee community, representing the central communications team to give counsel and support
- Work closely with the Media team to investigate and respond to enquiries on a wide range of issues
- Lead the work of the Regional Communications team in the delivery of projects and campaigns
- On-call national press officer duties
- Regular travel throughout the region.
Key responsibilities and experience required
- Direct experience of working as part of either a PR and/or a Public Affairs team; engaging with media and elected representatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey messages to different groups of people by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Comfortable working on multi-agency, cross departmental projects as well as on individual projects.
If you would like to apply for the position of Regional Communications Officer, please apply quoting the reference no AB-1904-6553