A leading membership organisation is looking to recruit a Research Policy Manager
Our Client, the Association of Medical Research Charities is looking to recruit a Research Policy Manager to join their team. The AMRC is a leading membership organisation made up of 140 medical and research charities in the United Kingdom.
The AMRC are looking to recruit a Research Policy Manager to lead on a range of different issues including engagement around NHS Long Term Plan on research and innovation in addition to diversity and inclusion within the sector. You will work to develop relationships with relevant stakeholders and members across the sector in order to facilitate change and progress throughout the sector.
- Work closely with the organisation’s members to create policy positions and assess the impact of these on their members
- Work closely with team members to lead on engagement with the NHS Long Term Plan on research and innovation
- Support the wider team in preparing for and executing a successful peer review audit in 2020
- Attend relevant sector related working groups and networking events
- Monitor political intelligence and asses its impact on the sector and the organisations members
- Develop and maintain key working relations with relevant stakeholders across the sector.
Key Skills and experience required
- A strong understanding of the health sector
- Project management experience
- Demonstrable analytical skills and the ability to see the implications of policy changes throughout the sector
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- A strong understanding of policy procedures.
- Academic research is desirable (including Masters and PhD level) but is not a prerequisite
If you would like to apply for the position of Research Policy Manger, please apply as soon as possible quoting the reference number LH-1905-6674.