Leading membership body seeks Senior Communications Manager
A membership body in the field of science is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to join their team. As a senior member of the team, you will be reporting directly in to the Head of Communications and Marketing, and will be the lead on all external, media, digital, and internal communications activity. You will be tasked with lead the delivery of their external engagement strategy, and building the reputation of the organisation with members and the wider public through proactive communications campaigns.
- To develop and manage the delivery of an effective, multichannel communications programme which helps raise awareness and understanding, drives attitudinal chance, and grows influence
- Lead on all media relations activity; building and maintaining relationships with journalists, and identifying spokespeople and opinion leaders
- Take overall responsibility for a proactive and effective response to issues and crisis situations that may arise
- Oversee the development of communications plans for campaigns, programmes, events, and initiatives
- Recruit, manage, and develop a high performing team by providing effective leadership, support and advice and ensuring staff are motivated and empowered
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience of planning, development, and implementation of proactive, effective multichannel communications activity and campaigns
- Experience in a senior communications role in a busy media environment
- Proven experience of effective news management and crisis media handling
- Proven experience of creative communications campaigns that build profile in line with business objectives
- Proven track record of managing high performing teams
If you would like to apply to this position please apply quoting the reference JG-2106-7803. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 29th June 2021.