A leading charity looking for a Senior Communications Officer
Our client, a leading research and fundraising healthcare charity is looking to expand their team by hiring a Senior Communications Officer. Their vision is to continue their work with world leading researchers and scientists to continue to improve the research and innovation for patients nationwide.
Reporting to the Head of Communications and Marketing, the Senior Communications Officer role will help support the organisation’s aim to reach out and inspire new audiences through a variety of channels. This role will see you work in a proactive capacity, developing relationships with stakeholders, including patient groups to spread their message about the work of the organisation. This role will also see you develop relationships with key internal stakeholders and is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to step up and work at a more strategic level.
- Working closely with key stakeholders across the organisation’s network, the Senior Communications Officer will develop and deliver an effective engagement and communications strategy
- Developing and maintaining new relationships with key stakeholders including researchers, academics and celebrities who can promote the organisation’s key messages across communications and social media channels
- Working on reactive and proactive media and press enquiries
- Work to develop the organisation’s relationship with patient groups to promote their stories across various social media and communications channels
- Develop relationships with members of the media, digital and print in order to promote the organisation’s ongoing research and innovation.
Key skills and experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Health or public sector experience is desirable
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including for example: members of the media, celebrities or patient groups
- Strong understanding of using various online and offline channels
- The ability to be proactive and highlight opportunities to promote the organisation
If you would like to apply to apply for the position of Senior Communications Officer, please apply as soon as possible by quoting the reference number: FL-1811-6270.