We're looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team
Ellwood Atfield is a specialist recruitment and search consultancy operating within the Public Affairs and Communications industry. We've been established for almost 20 years and have a high achieving and collaborative team. Our clients are responsible for protecting and promoting the biggest brands, products, services and corporate reputations. They influence public policy and help to shape legislation. We’ve built an industry-leading team of ex-practitioners and experienced recruitment experts who love what they do. Grow your career, work with market leading brands, and help to shape our story.
We’re a values orientated business and we’re focused on expanding our brilliant team and have exciting future growth plans. We offer uncapped earnings, generous benefits and are looking to hire a Senior Consultant to join our busy and social team at our office in Millbank Tower, which arguably has the best views in London! Senior Consultants are an integral part of our team who aid in the development of vertical markets, mentor junior members of the team and work with an enviable client roster, ranging from high-profile retail and FMCG businesses, through to charities, banks, transport and infrastructure businesses and education providers.
What you’ll be doing?
Senior Consultants are responsible for working on mid to senior assignments, whilst supporting senior managers to develop a particular vertical market, including key account management and coordination of business development activity within that area. On a day-to-day basis you will manage the full recruitment life-cycle, including pitching for business, building relationships with clients, providing counsel, sourcing candidates, negotiating terms and mentoring more junior members of the team.
What you get from us
- A premium client portfolio
- A structured career path – which ensures success is rewarded with clear progression and opportunities to grow your career
- Training – we have access to the leading recruitment training network and will develop a personalised training & development plan to support your needs and aspirations
- Money – headhunting can pay well, and even very well. We’re recently launched a new pay & reward package which pays out monthly, is uncapped and offers real rewards for great performance. We also provide great benefits including 29 days holidays (excluding bank holidays), paid sabbaticals after 5 years of service, private health cover, pension, a long-term savings plan and team celebrations & socials
- Exposure to the brightest and best people & practices of the communications and advocacy world
- A lively, exciting, and flexible workplace
What we need?
If you are smart, proactive, engaging, interested in the world around you, and highly ambitious, then we will help develop your career in headhunting so you can deliver the best results possible.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have proven experience of working in communications / client facing roles OR recruiting at a similar level
- Demonstrate a high degree of credibility and confidence in dealing with senior clients and pitching for business.
- Develop & deliver a proactive business development plan to support the growth of your team
- Have demonstrable business development experience already, and be able to develop and implement a proactive business development strategy at EA.
- Mentor and coach junior colleagues
- Be seen as an expert in your field with the ability to advise candidates around career progression
- Proactively build and maintain a database of active candidates in your specialist area
- Support the Team leader develop new business and growth opportunities
- Negotiate contracts and appropriate commercial terms
- Be interested and interesting. We expect you to consume news and keep abreast of what’s going on in current affairs, business and commerce and be able hold your own amongst some very lively and opinionated colleagues, clients and candidates.
- Understand the importance of teamwork – we do not succeed by undermining or competing with our colleagues but by using our collective knowledge understanding to deliver the best possible results.
- Be personally ambitious and want to get ahead - you can make a lot of money working with us, but you have to work hard and work smart.
- Have a good attention to detail and want to go the extra mile.
Please get in touch with Jules Shelly – firstname.lastname@example.org if this sounds like you and you’re interested in finding out more about current opportunities at Ellwood Atfield.