A highly strategic corporate communications opportunity for a leading veterans charity
Help for Heroes believe those who serve our country deserve support when they are wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds; their lives changed forever. Help for Heroes help them, and those still serving, to recover and get on with their lives.
Help for Heroes is currently searching for a Senior Communications and Advocacy Manager. Ultimately, the role is twofold: to develop and execute corporate communications strategies and plans, which help build and protect their reputation; and, to lead on how the Charity communicates and connects with those the organisation supports.
Whilst this is a specialist communications role, you’ll be working closely with the public affairs, marketing, and brand teams to plan and develop the charity’s outward image and reputation. Whether that’s driving relevant presentation and reputation to key stakeholders, marshalling the Charity’s external messaging, or ensuring public affairs policies and campaign are as powerfully communicated as possible.
- Identify, build & nurture mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders, within the third sector, media, the NHS and the MOD, to drive forward Communications & Policy activity
- Through ‘Championing the wounded’ identify ways to demonstrate the societal impact of the charity beyond the veteran community
- Lead the development and communication of key corporate projects, such as the Annual Report and Impact Report
- Work closely with the Senior Public Affairs Manager to identify opportunities to promote policy work in the media.
- Protect the reputation of the Charity by supporting the development of reactive statements, scenario planning and change communication during times of crisis
- Be up to date on the latest current affairs issues affecting the sector and advise internal stakeholders when appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to plan ahead whilst still able to work at a fast pace with changing priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to complete work in a timely manner, meeting deadlines whilst able to manage upwards and downwards
- Experience working under pressure and with changing priorities
- Ability to understand the charity and fit in with the tone of voice