We are looking for an ambitious Senior Finance Manager
We are the number one executive search/recruitment firm in our market. We specialise in delivering our prestigious clients, communications, public policy and sustainability experts. Based in Westminster our culture and ethos is “One Team”. We are financially strong, doing much better than our competition and have BIG plans for 2021 and beyond!
ABOUT THIS JOB
After six years our current fantastic Senior Finance Manger is returning to New Zealand. This is a varied role for an experienced accountant, you will be the centre of our finance function and working with a small but brilliant team. All our clients are prestigious organisations and all of our consultants are smart, sophisticated and able (so not your typical Recruitment firm). You must already have enough experience to deliver this job perfectly, but we hope you might also have the ambition and capability to develop into our Financial Controller and later become our Head of Finance.
EXTRAS ABOUT THIS JOB
We hope to hire someone who will see this as a real career opportunity and be excited by the potential to make a huge impact in a small organisation. We also hope you will find our market of real interest, Kate our Head of Operations a great (and fun) colleague and Ben our MD, a bit eclectic at times but a patient, encouraging great boss.
You must be prepared to “roll up your sleeves” and deliver the routine as well as wishing to learn and prepare the monthly management accounts and, in time, provide commercial analysis to the management. You will need to be a good communicator, self-confident and able to stand your ground when expressing your view. You must have excellent organisational and priotising skills, able to manage multiple tasks with an exceptional attention to detail. You need to have a strong work ethic and be a self-starter. Finally, a proactive owner and solver of problems with an optimistic view on life would be great too.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perm & Interim invoicing: Creating and entering invoices from Jobscience (our salesforce based CRM) into Xero, sending to clients, updating forecast.
- Bank reconciliations: RBS and NatWest, update Xero & Jobscience and mark invoices as paid. Liaison with bank.
- Invoice Finance: CID monthly reconciliation and liaison with IF team at the bank.
- Sales Ledger: Invoicing all clients according to the agreed terms and ensuring the terms that are in place reflect the details of the invoice to be raised.
- Purchase Ledger: Posting supplier invoices and managing payment runs.
- Payroll: Updating commission sheets, preparing monthly payroll spreadsheet, double checking the output from the payroll company. Maintaining master record of employees’ salaries etc.
- Pension Control: Manual upload on the Smart Pension Portal.
- Month End Accounting Routines: Reconciliations, posting transactions, calculating prepayments and accruals, producing a trial balance, etc.
- VAT returns & EC Sales Lists: Checking the output from Xero, submitting to HMRC and making payments at the correct time.
- Supervising the Accounts Assistant: (See below).
- HR: Insurance (add new employees into scheme), preparing contracts and new joiners forms, record keeping, entry of sick leave, maintaining annual leave balances.
MANAGING (Up, down and sideways)
You will manage our Accounts Assistant whose key responsibilities are:
Interim Administration: Timesheets control and processing to create sales invoices, entering LTD company purchase invoices, payroll calculations, processing new starters forms, Intermediary reports to HMRC
Credit Control: Applying the company’s credit control procedures.
Expenses: Processing credit card statements, checking the entries and confirming the balance on the bank’s monthly credit card statement.
You will also work closely with our Part-time Finance Director. He is hugely experienced and really enjoys passing his knowledge on to others. Another Key relationship will be with Ben our MD he’s enthusiastic and fun, but also expects as close to perfection in processes, routines and structures as is achievable. Finally, you will be working closely with our team of circa fifteen consultants. To do this you will need to be confident, a good communicator and able to say “no” and “straight away please” while also being warm, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Experienced Xero user
- Excellent (and advanced) Excel skills
- Accountancy qualification (or working towards an advantage, possibly QBE acceptable)
- Practical experience essential, ideally in a recruitment business (or other services firm such as Legal, architecture, Management consultancy etc)
- Brilliantly organised and both task and objective orientated
- Exacting attention to detail
- Willing to ask for help and assistant when experiencing difficulties
Good To have
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Understanding of recruitment metrics
- Operations experience
HOW TO APPLY
For more information on this role, please click here to view job description.
If this looks like your next step please apply below.
Inclusivity and empowerment are the cornerstones of our culture here at Ellwood Atfield and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.